A few years ago I set out to produce examples of desktop applications written in Java because I could find so few examples on the web.
The idea was to write a complete self contained application and package it up into an executable program that a user could install and click to run. The tool I chose to wrap the Java byte code up into an executable was Launch4J. To see where to get this tool and how to install read on
- Open a browser and go to ‘
- Select ‘
Download’ from the menu options
- Find the download package suitable for your machine
- Click on the link to start the download.
- Once the download is complete launch the installer
- Accept all the default options unless you have a good reason to alter them
- At the end of the install process launch the application and you should be presented with a dialog box as below.